Hi gang-

Ive been running my imap-s server for a while with a self signed cert.
(using the mkimapcert script from courier-imap.)  Im switching my users
over to imap-s and they are gonna be wierded out by the security warning
messages about it not being a valid cert.

My question is this: Has anyone any experiece with using a vaild x.509
cert for  imap-s with courier-imap? The readme talks about how you need a
vaild one to make thoes go away, but nothing about how to generate a cert
that courier-imap wants (with the correct pieces coming from a CA).  [an
x.509 cert is the same thing as an ssl cert from verisign|tucows|whomever,
right?]

btw, the format of the imapd.pem that i currently have/use is

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY------
asdflkajsr21f23-09falskjvcas09ejcvw
<snip>
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY--------
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE ---------
afj ;ls98faw90eeeeeeeeeejlk;avcngs8
<snip>
-----END CERTIFICATE -----------
-----Begin DH PARAMETERS--------
jalskdfas8887vy23u2n3lLKjcv8wu90823j
<snip>
-----END DH PARAMETERS----------

so, im used to ssl certs to use with apache, and this one is different.
esp. the HD parameters.

thanks.