<cite>
> We are NOT strapped: we just haven't tried much and now are ignoring other
> immediate offers.
>
> Wrong ideas about "educational standards": some of the issues are whether
> TCLUG folk are the type/quality that a business might hire for serious
> technical stuff, or whether they are categorically a hobbyist group with at
> most non-degree technician skills... on the average and the goal.  To
> welcome non-degreed folks from anywhere is fine, but to indicate that the
> ceiling is no higher than vo-tech, and off the academic track for
> professional skills (state regs indicate what "professional" means, and in
> engineering cases it is specific about having a degree).
</cite>

Heh, the arrogance exhibited here is quite amazing.

I'll keep this email, one day I'll have children and I'll tell them, if
I ever hear you speak like this man wrote I'll disown your arrogant,
self-important behinds so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

TCLUG: Educational tools for your future children. :)

<cite>

More arrogance.

</cite>

<cite>
> > anyways, enough ranting?
>
> Not hardly enough!  The group needs to consider this stuff if it ever has a
> mission and enough form for serious non-profit donations of support to
> occur.
</cite>

No, it is enough.

Samir M. Nassar