On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Joel Rosenberg wrote:

> If anybody's got a surplus-to-needs one hanging around, that'd be great;
> please email me.

I have one here.  It is an NE2000 clone--10 MB.  I got it at Computer
Renaissance for $4.99, but never used it.   I installed another one of
these in one of my computers and have had no problems.  Works find with
Linux, BTW.

> (Obviously, I'd prefer a 10/100 card -- it'd make data transfer a bit faster
> between machines on the home network -- but the main issue is to get the
> machine on the net, for which a 10 megabit card is obviously fine, as we're
> on a cable modem, not a T3.)

IIRC, there are very few ISA NICs that can do 100 MB.

E-mail me if you are interested.

Glenn McDavid
gmcdavid at attbi.com
gmcdavid at winternet.com