On Sunday 08 September 2002 12:24 pm, Christopher Howard wrote:
> How do I get the num lock on as defalt after boot up?  This erks me so
> much.  The arrow keys on the key pad are redundant.  Why does Linux turn
> the num lock off

Mandrake, at least, has that as a default feature during the boot, and has an
rpm to do just that (called, reasonably enough, numlock{bunchastuff}.rpm) --
you might think about seeing if it'll work under your distro.

--
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/29/international/middleeast/29SAUD.html
A striking sign of the Saudis' eagerness to reach out to the United