Hi,

Does anyone have experience with ACPI on a Compaq Presario 1700 laptop?
I've compiled ACPI support into the kernel, but I can't get battery
status.  I can get thermal status, events, etc -- just seems to be
missing battery.  I'm using Redhat 7.3 and tried both kernel-2.4.18-3
(shipped with it) and kernel-2.4.18-10 (latest erratta version).  Should
I try a newer kernel version?

On a related note, has any tried the "Software Suspend" feature included
in later 2.5 kernels?  Eventually, I'd like to have linux "hibernate"
when I hit the power button.  I tried 2.5.33, but couldn't get it to
compile.

--Nathan Davis