On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:46:26PM -0500, Jim Crumley wrote:

> I've got an annoying problem with my new box at work.  Its a
> Compaq Evo with a new integrated video card on an Intel 845g
> chipset.  The chipset isn't supported natively by XFree, so I am
> using the VESA driver.  It works OK except that if I switch to a
> virtual terminal, logout of my X session, or the screen blanks
> due to inactivity, the xserver hangs.  After it hangs, all I can
> get at vt7 is a blank screen. If I try to restart, it hangs
> immediately.  So to get X to come back, I am forced to reboot.

You know, I'm getting almost this exact behavior with the Number Nine
Revolution IV video card I got to drive my SGI 1600SW display. I can
restart X (by logging out and getting back to the kdm screen), but
switching to a virtual terminal and trying to reboot cause my system to
hang. I'm using the i128 driver. I'm stumped.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com