Do you guys know if there is a way to update a file on a remote linux
box without and NFS mount or anything like that?

What I want to do is have a script running on server A that appends data
to to a file on server A and appends data to server B, and server C.

I was thinking that I could have the script do an rsync and pull the
latest version of the remote file, append the data, then rsync and push
the file back out with the update option.  Sounds like a lot of hassel and
I'm looking for a better way.

I wish I cou do something something like this ... (ignore the syntax just
trying to make an example)

On local machine I would;
  cat newdata >> maindatafile
  or
  echo "This is the new data" >> maindatafile

and something like this for the remote machine;
  cat newdata >> remote_machine:/file/location/maindatafile
  or
  echo "This is the new data" >>remote_machine:/file/location/maindatafile

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Jim Streit