"Megapixel" alone doesn't tell you whether it's a linear or rectangular
array.  Sometimes the details really matter and pixel-level asymmetry can
really mess up image processing math.  Many CCD devices are TV format
(something unrelated to 640x480 maybe 512x320. interlaced formats can get
into the act also), scientific ones have square pixels and usually a
symmetric array like 512x512 or larger.  Cameras are usually not meant (ie,
"not supported") for any technical or scientific purpose, so it may be best
to ignore the details finer than +/- 25% pixel count unless you have a real
need to know.  Kodak supports some of their cameras.. including some source
code.