My old Polaroid PDC640 uses Smart Media and is a GREAT snapshot camera.
Walmart had these on closeout for about $50 not long ago.  It's serial, but
I plan to hang onto mine a long time, and want to use some interface under
Linux.  Just because a camera has a serial interface is no reason to drop it
from a compatibility list: brains or a USB media adapter can handle
different media-level interfaces.  Keep the app open and let someone add
serial if you're not interested/able/informed.