As far as I know, it's just "Options Indexes", not "Options +Indexes".

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Erik Mitchell
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2002 12:01 AM
To: TCLUG List
Subject: [TCLUG] Trouble with Apache and Options Indexes

Hi,
I'm in charge of an Apache machine that serves a lot of virtual hosts. The boss just told me that he doesn't want directory contents to display in the absence of index.html -- that wasn't a problem. I do however want to be able to enable this upon a user's request. I tried setting Options +Indexes in the virutal hosts section, and it didn't work, I tried to do it in .htaccess, and it didn't work. I think I tried everything i can think of and it just doesn't work.

I'm using Debian's apache 1.13. I have an httpd.conf, an srm.conf, and an access.conf. AllowOverrides are set to "All." so .htaccess should work.

What gives!?

Thanks,

Erik --

Erik Mitchell