On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 07:25:54AM -0500, Mattingly, Kelly wrote:
> I am a new Linux user and I am trying to load turbolinux. I used partition
> magic to split my hard drive and began to load the program. I keep getting
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                       do you mean "start the install"
> an error when I get to the boot loader section, instr. said to skip the step
> so I did. I cannot seem to get the machine to boot to Linux though, it keeps
> going straight to Windows. Instr. also say to make a boot disk from Dos
> mode, however the CD I am using does not seem to have the file the instr.
> say to copy. dosutils\images\???, I have a boot disk with the software, but
> it wants to reinstall Linux on my machine again. Like I said I am a new user
> that really wants to learn Linux, but I have no idea what I am doing.

Is the cd bootable? If it's the first cd it should. Can the machine boot
from the cd?

If you really want linux, I would advise you to pick a different distro.
TurboLinux is going through uncertain times.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4