YDL is good
Debianppc is good
SuSePPC is good

http://yellowdoglinux.com/
http://penguinppc.org/
http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/
http://mklinux.org/

Here are a few links to get you started.  I run YDL 2.3 on my Tibook G4
and love it.  I have tried several flavors of Linux on this thing and
YDL was by far the most straightforward.  There is also the GnuDarwin
project, but last I tried the install was by no means simple.

OSX and Linux differ greatly.  By the same token the are very simular. I
often find myself boot to OSX for the beauty and ease of "plug-n-play"
and booting into Linux to actually do work. YMMV