*cough*

Uhh, no, no we didn't. :)

And no, it's not dead.

As far as which is better, it'd depend on what the 'other things' you use
them for are.  Figure out all the things they need to do and compare.  If
you're going beyond the realm of just file sharing, then you're probably
going to want samba.  Otherwise, I'd consider NFS the easier choice as far
as configuration goes (though there may be nice GUI Samba configuration
tools out there, I haven't checked lately).

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Visi.com