Not to spoil the Holiday spirit but...

It sounds like the "Linux Desktop Starter Kit"
published by McGraw-Hill. I reviewed that book as
suplimental text for the Linux class at DBU in the
spring of 2000. At that time the distro's in the book
were dated. Today they would certifiably ancient. I've
got a copy and I'll bring it with me to the meeting on
Saturday (if I make it). That said I was impressed
enough with the style to recommend it for the class. I
just wish he'd been a little less specific in the
install instructions as that's the part of the distros
that changes the most from version to version. (or so
it seems.)

Here's a link to the LinuxCentral order page for that
book. If its not the one a MicroCenter I apologize for
the intrusion. ;-)

http://www.linuxcentral.com/catalog/index.php3?prod_code=B000-137

Jack

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Ben Stallings wrote:

> If you have someone on your
> Xmas/Xannuxah/Xwanzaa/Solstice shopping list
> who is interested in Linux but would need a bit of
> coaching, this may be
> the perfect time to head over to MicroCenter in St.
> Louis Park.  There's a
> book there that covers installation and configuration
> of four different
> Linux distributions -- and includes all four of them,
> plus StarOffice, on
> two CDs.  I gather their special installer program
cuts