I have been trying to set up a DNS server behind a firewall and I have had
less than desirable results.

I can successfully operate a Web server behind the firewall, by opening
TCP port 80, but the DNS server does not work even when opening port 53
UPD and TCP.  I have restarted named and reloaded the configuration after
placing the DNS server behind the firewall.
My domains do not resolve from other networks (ISP's) when I put the DNS
server behind the firewall.
I also use this DNS server as the primary for my local network.

Is there a change that needs to be made to the named config files?
Another port that needs to be opened?

Thanks In Advance