Okay this should be a response to Tim's message but I blew it and deleted the
message (reflex) before replying.

The following can be found as links by going to the Downloads page off of
www.suse.com. See the site for specifics. I don't remember exactly but I
think I've used the Atlanta, Chicago, and Bloomington, IN sites with success.
I don't know if they have 8.1 or not.

USA
ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/linux/distributions/suse/suse/ (Georgia, Atlanta)
complete

mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/ftp.suse.com/ (Illinois, Chicago)
complete

chuck.ucs.indiana.edu/linux/suse/suse/ (Indiana, Bloomington)
i386, ppc, ppc64

ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/SuSE-Linux/ (Massachusetts, Boston)
i386, ppc, ppc64

distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/suse/suse/ (North Carolina, Chapel
Hill)
axp, i386, ia64

ftp.annexa.org/pub/suse/ (New York, Rochester)
i386
--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com