I got to work today and when I checked my e-mail there was a message from
our system administrator saying that our parent company is forcing him to
make some changes at our site.
1) We will be logging into their flaky, virus-ridden domain
2) We will be switching our AntiVirus package from Symantec (which has
been working well for us) to McAfee (which doesn't seem to be working well
for them)
3) We will be forced to use Outlook for e-mail...no longer are we allowed
to use Eudora, Netscape, Mozilla, etc.
It is really painful because we have about 99% uptime in house right now,
and from what I have gathered, our parent company has significant network
down time at least once a week.
Is there anything that can be done to make this transition easier?
(preferably without doing something that will get me fired, like
telling them that they're morons)  Does anyone know if it is actually
possible for them to not allow me to receive my mail unless it is through
LookOut?

- Kremer