Quoting Tim Wilson <wilson at visi.com>:
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 08:43:54PM -0500, Jay Kline wrote:

> > Just out of curiosity.. what are the specifiations of a "reasonably
> complete
> > set of features" needed in a gradebook application? I might be looking for
> an
> > internship/senior project soon, and depending on the difficulty of such a
>
> > task, I (or others in the program) might be willing to take on something
> like
> > this.  The biggest issue for me is not knowing what features get used or
> are
> > needed.

    Not being a teacher, I really can't say. If you want some examples, however,
there's a tutorial page at
http://www.amarillo.isd.tenet.edu/chscluster/staffdevel/Software_guides/MtG/mtg.htm.
    To echo Tim's thoughts, I am also surprised that there hasn't been more
emphasis on OS school software; there's some educational games and programs, of
course, but very little development on the administrative side. A definite pity,
considering the recent drive to promote Linux in schools.
    :Peter