On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 08:15:22PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm sick of my really loud PC on my desk and I'm planning to buy a new
> case and power supply. I'm thinking about a black Al Lian-Li PC60 case
> (it'll go oh so nicely with my black SGI flatpanel :-), but I don't know
> much about the power supplies.
>
> PC Power & Cooling Inc. recommends their 275 W ulta-quiet model, but I'm
> a little concerned that it's underpowered. I don't have a lot of
> peripherals, however, so I may just be experiencing some Tim Allen style
> worries. Their 400 W model is almost 2.5x as expensive, however, so I
> doubt I'll got with that. What do you all think? The power supply specs
> are at
> http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/power_supplies/ultra_quiet/silencers/index_ultraquiet_atx.htm
>
> Any other PC quieting tips? I don't know what sort of fans the Lian-Li
> case might come with, but I'll consider going with different internal
> and CPU fans if it turns out that they are contributing significantly to
> the noise.

I'm glad you asked.

I just bought from http://www.endpcnoise.com/ a 300W power supply and a
case fan. They are awesome. Look for "Ultra Quiet Power Supply 300W".

You can hear it only when you are very close to the fan.

I can strongly recommend it!

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4