On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 08:29:21PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> In my work to get KDE-3.0.3 and KDE-3.1 into RPMs for Redhat 7.3, I found the
> KDE developers constantly telling me to upgrade to gcc-3.2, then tell us if
> there is a bug.
>
> So I did. I've been using gcc-3.2 (and it's deps) for a couple of weeks and have
> not found any major problems.
>
> Before I put gcc-3.2 into the apt tree for Redhat 7.3, I thought I'd post, so
> people can HoldPkgs on their current gcc releases if they do not want to upgrade
> to gcc-3.2.
>
> Here is a list of package and their deps that are required for a -complete-
> install of gcc-3.2, you'll want to add any of these package names (without the
> release info) to your HoldPkgs in your /etc/apt/apt.conf if you do not want them

[snip long list]

Why not just create another apt source (like the tclug one) for your version(s)
of kde? this would keep the 7.3 repository from being tainted by non-redhat
packages, as well as allowing people to continue to update those packages
you listed to official redhat versions if/when updates are released.