I'm currently the proud owner of 2 non-functioning rack mount UPS, would
anyone like one for anything (parts) before I dispose (recycle) them.

The first one, an APC 3000 Smart-Ups.  When I plug it in, I get nothing.
 No lights, beeps or fan movement.  I've checked and reset the breaker.
called APC and they think that its a circuitry issue and not the
batteries.  The reason being, that nothing happens when its plugged in.
If it had a bad battery, the fan and lights should still come on.

The second one, an APC 600 Smart-Ups.  This one looks like it should
work, but it displays the "Replace Battery" light and constantly sounds
an alarm.