Adaptec has pretty good support all around. I have a few 2940 family cards
around in use.

SCSI installs should be as easy as IDE, especially if you don't choose the
expert option and check compatibility lists beforehand. Terminology differs
slightly but I would check out the Red Hat site for documentation.

What would be a good card to use for low hassel?

Is there a good link on docs for scsi installs, or do we just poke around
on the RedHat site?