-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of Christopher A. Gahlon
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 3:42 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Raising "max user processes" system wide on RH AS 2.1

Hello there helpful linux heads,

I've got a Redhat Advanced Server 2.1 boxen and I'm trying to install Oracle
Collaboration Suite on it.

I need to raise the "max user processes" from 6144 to 65536 to get the
stupid
installer to finish...

I can su - root then do a "ulimit -u 65536" then su - oracle and the oracle
user gets the new "max user process" limit.  What is the best way to set the
system wide default?

I understand that it's for that shell process and all child processes so I'd
like to execute it from init so all subsequent processes see that processes
limit.

I've tried making a chkconfig compatable script and putting it in
/etc/init.d/
The script runs at boot but has no affect on the user environment.

Searching google was uselss.  There's way too much noise from kernel
developer
mailing lists.  Searching Redhat's site turned up the same results.

--
Chris
MCSE - Minesweeper Consultant / Solitaire  Expert

i cn rd ths rl gd, gt a jb 4 me??