Brian,

You slipped into pseudo code too fast
for me. :-) Your router runs Linux and
it's external IP addresses is 1.2.3.2?

If the above assumption is true, you
will probably have to bind alias interfaces
youself and then use them in the iptables
rules. If things like this happened
automagically depending on what I put
into my iptables rules, I think I would lose
my mind (_toy_story_2_, mr. potato head:
"on a yo-yo?").

I do not know if this is the best way to
do it, but I don't know of another way off
the top of my head. I am assuming you
can't get your router in front of the
registered subnet and just use the registered
addresses on the hosts and in the iptables
rules. That may be simpler, but may also
be impossible or impractical in your
situation.

Good luck,

Troy

>>> lxy at cloudnet.com 11/25/02 09:50AM >>>
I have a registered subnet 1.2.3.0/29
and an internal subnet 192.168.1.0/29
The router has INT_OUTSIDE_IP=1.2.3.2

I want to map .3,.4,.5, and .6 on 1.2.3.0 to 192.168.1.0,
respectively.

I think I just need to do something like

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d $INT_OUTSIDE_IP --dport $PORT
\
-j DNAT --to $SERVER_IP:$PORT

for each IP and port.  When I do this, do I need to assign each IP
to a subinterface on $INT_OUTSIDE (eth0:1, etc) or does iptables
automagically grab the IP for me?  Also, is this the best way to do it
or
should I be going about it differently?

-Brian

Minnesota