On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 02:11:12PM -0600, Carl Lindgren wrote:
(Notice the date stamp on your message. Rather funny considering
the topic.  Please fix your system time.)

> Is it just me or are messages reposting?
>
> For the last several days now, I have noticed that several messages are
> being posted several weeks or months after the time stamp on the original
> message. I remember reading the message from Bret Baptist "RE: OT: Cisco 678
> availability" before back in September because I had a Client that was
> struck from the same storm.

My guess is that this is just another case of the TCLUG mail
server being clogged up.   Periodically, the mail server, due to
high load, holds some messages and sends them out weeks or months
after they were originally sent.  In these cases, the impatient
sender of the message, fearing that her message is lost, often
resends the message (I've done this a couple of times myself).
Then the second message will often get delivered immediately.
Meanwhile the first message gets delivered later, and ends up
being redundant.

(If we ever write a FAQ list for TCLUG, this should be on it.)

> ** If these are manual reposts, the messages should state that they are a
> repost.

In this case, I think that the second message received in the
original.  In fact, I bet if you searched for Bret's message from
September that it would say that _it_ is a repost.