I got it working just fine in Outlook (/me ducks). I assume you're not
the type to not RTFM first, but check here <
http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/help/smtp/index.html > and go through
everything again (mine didn't work at first because I had entered a
username wrong somewhere (was something hoff0438 at hoff0438... instead of
just hoff0438) and had an incorrect checkbox at one point, but rest
assured you can do it on RR's network (my ISP at home).
--John

::::
John Hoffoss :: hoffossj at facm.umn.edu  :: (desk) 612 / 626-1087
Systems Support Analyst :: (mobile) 612 / 867-1432
Facilities Management / Information Services :: University of
Minnesota
:: Hands-free mobile phones - blurring the distinction between
schizophrenia and technology. ::

>>> jkey at tomobiki.dyndns.org 11/20/02 07:54PM >>>
> I'm using Evolution 1.0.5 that comes with Debian Woody for my mail.
> Recently, the University started blocking junk mail hosts in various
> ways.  This was fine until a few days ago when the U decided to
block
> mail coming from `dialup' lines (dial-up, cablemodem, etc), which
has
> blocked the SMTP gateway I've been using at my place.
>
> Now I have to start either sending mail through RoadRunner's mail
> servers, or authenticate to smtp.umn.edu and send mail through there.
> feel that it's less likely that the U will read my mail or turn it
over
> to someone without a fight than RoadRunner would, so I'd like to
> authenticate.

In what way are they blocking it? If you are using a different domain
name
from one of the dynamic dns services do they block your mail?

Joseph Key
jkey at tomobiki.dyndns.org
Minnesota
http://www.mn-linux.org tclug-list at mn-linux.org