On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:03:42AM -0600, Sreekumar Kodakara wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to compile a C code into assembly code. I want to see the assembly
> output for every line in C. I have done that in Borland C but I dodnt know
> how I can do that using gcc. I tried using "gcc -S" but this gives only
> the assembly output and not the C code associated with that. Can anyone
> give me any information or point me to any links where I can get more
> information?
> Thanks for the help in advance.
> Thanks
> Sreekumar

gcc -Wall -g -Wa,-alh=test5.lst test5.c
-g needed for debug info
-Wa,<options>     Pass options to assembler
-alh              listing, include higher level language..
as --help

That was a quick reply, eh?  I just discovered this myself
messing around with an AVR TINY12 microprocessor.
It has 8 pins, 32 bytes of ram(registers)
and 1K bytes of flash program space.   Someone ported GCC
tools to use with these small 8-bit processors.

Karl.