I'm more than sure that somebody on this list has tried to use
courier-imap + squirrelmail to manage multiple accounts.  So I'm hoping
for confirmation that I'm doing this right.

I got courier-imap up, running, and authenticating with pam.
I got squirrelmail running with mysql, and I used it to create a bunch
of imap folders on my server.
Now I'm trying to collect mail from all my accounts using fetchmail, and
then delivering and sorting through procmail.

I tried it with one account and a plain .procmailrc. Fetchmail worked
fine, and I told procmail to dump the test email into
~/.maildir/.INBOX.mailbox_name/new.

Here's the .fetchmailrc:

poll myhost.mydomain with proto POP3 user david%mydomain password x
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

and .procmailrc:

VERBOSE=no
LOGFILE=$HOME/.pmlog
MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/.INBOX.david_AT_mydomain/new

:0
$DEFAULT

Is that the right way to do things?  I looked in
~/.maildir/.INBOX.mailbox_name/new, and I saw two things:

-rw-r--r--    1 david    users         726 Nov 17 13:52
1037562727.22075_0.orthanc.carboxylman.com,S=726:2,S
-rw-------    1 david    users         946 Nov 17 22:30 msg.QWvB:2,S

The first had been received using squirrelmail's fetch plugin, and the
second came through fetchmail/procmail.

Is this right?  I guess I'm just a bit curious as to why the first
filename is so different than the second.

Thanks very much for your help.

david