Munir Nassar writes:
 > On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, rpgoldman at real-time.com wrote:
 >
 > > 2.  [somewhat OT:] I have a TYAN Tiger MPX motherboard and, as far as
 > > I understand the BIOS screens and docs, it seems like it SHOULD be
 > > able to boot from the PCI SCSI controller.  But I haven't been able to
 > > convince it to do so.  Anyone tried to do this with any luck?
 >
 > next time you recompile the kernel, look under IDE devices look for "Boot
 > off-board chipsets first support"
 >
 > this _may_ do the trick, i never played with this

Munir,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just wanted to follow-up, because I'm
not sure I understand.  Here's the question ---- why would the kernel
enter into this at all?  Shouldn't it just be up to the BIOS whether
or not I can boot from the SCSI controller?  I mean, by the time the
kernel is loaded, isn't the issue decided?  Anyone know?

Thanks!