I'm testing data destryoing/recovery tools to determine just how good is
good enough when it comes to destroying data on a disk.

I've read Peter Gutman's stuff and I've been using Dariks Boot and
Nuke (wipe on a linux floppy) to destroy data.  Now I need to find the
world's greatest recovery utilities to see if there's any way of
retreiving it.  I've used a few different utilities so far, and the best
one I've found is the tool that Ontrack provides on their website.  Data
can't hide from it, but after DBAN it sure did :-).  I'm looking for
something a little extra strength now... I want to make sure the ONLY way
that data can be recovered involves a few trillion dollars and a clean
room.

These computers need to retain their hard disks, so grinding them down to
fine powder or melting them into goo isn't an option, however I realize it
is the most effective.

Thanks!

-Brian