just as an aside - you'll want to make sure that you have a DMT
capable modem.  the 675 will not work since that is a CAP modem and
Qwest is not doing CAP deployments anymore.  i believe Q is leasing
and/or selling a reasonably priced DSL router these days.  the
actiontec's aren't too bad.

678s are firmware upgradable to the correct line encoding.

when last we saw our hero (Monday, Nov 11, 2002),
 Doug Hanson was madly tapping out:

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC