There is an option for installing laptop and PCMCIA support during the Red
Hat install.  If you just simply chose the workstation type installation,
you might not have got the drivers that you need for your mouse and
monitor.

I've found that for the most part, if you get a graphic display when you
install Red Hat, then your monitor should probably be supported and
drivers should be available on the install CD.  If you get the text-based
install, then you're probably lookin' at installing some additional
drivers for your monitor and/or video card.