On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Simeon Johnston wrote:

> > We prefer to be known as the
> > foolhardy.
>
> What are those of us who always use -f?  Actually, I go a step farther
> with an -rf.
> Maybe I'm the fools fool then...

_rm -rf, a sufficiently powerful tool to really shoot your
foot off with. I use it to blow away directories because I don't have
the time to go through and confirm every blinking write protected
file in the directory has to be removed...

Only bit me once, when I blew away /etc on a production machine. I was
able to recover it (eventually), but it taught me to be *really* careful
around a # prompt.

> "I got a bow and arrow and learned to shoot, I got a horn and learned to
> toot.  Now I can shoot and toot, ain't I cute?"
> Name that movie.  If you can't, you suck.

I guess I suck. Of course it was probably one of those bletcherous
losing mid-90's movies that I never wanted to see anyway. Sounds like
one.

--
Daniel Taylor
dante at plethora.net