On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:16:03AM -0600, Nate Carlson wrote:
> I told Jima I'd post something once the /.'d to my web site was over, so
> here it is. For those of you that are curious, here's what a slashdotting
> looks like from MRTG's perspective:
>
> http://www.natecarlson.com/~natecars/switch1-17.real-time.com.17-day.gif
>
> Amusing, eh?  :)
>
> (We pulled through it just fine.. probably had a lot to do with the fact
> that the page was only ~12k total.)

What's the machine behind and what was the load? Out of pure interest
of course, since it normally seems to kill almost anyone that gets
slashdot'ed.

> Oh, total hits on my web server yesterday: 122,487. That includes the CSS,
> image, etc.. there were 18,592 hits to the actual page that got /.'d.
> Considering I usually get an average of 3,788 hits per day to this site,
> this is a lot of traffic.  :)

More interesting might be how many tried portscanning/whatever your
machine at the span of the article being on the frontpage? Or where they
nice on you? :-)

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>