Here's an odd one: I'm building a computer for a friend and put Mdk 9.0 on
it. Finally got the modem to work, but the sound card, while recognized,
doesn't play any sound. I've checked all the obvious things: the speakers are
on and connected to the right jack, volume turned up, but still nothing.
	The sound card is built into the motherboard (AC97) and lspci -v shows that
it's there (IRQ 18). Kcontrol (Information -> Sound) recognizes it and arts
seems to be set up correctly. There was no nasty error message when KDE
started, saying '/dev/dsp not available' or anything like that. As far as I
can tell, it is enabled in BIOS--what gives???
	:Peter