On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:41:33PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> You knew I would be back:)
>
> I found an Adaptec SCSI card and a Qic-2GB drive to work with for now.  I
> can transfer files to tape and view them  using cpio (hurray).
>
> I am trying to implement a backup script I found (which is attached to this
> post).
>
> I am getting the following error at the end after it lists all the files to
> backup:
>
> tar: ERROR exit delayed from previous errors
> Level-0 Backup END
>
> Level-0 Backup Verify xxxxxx
> tar:126 Not found in archive
> tar: ERROR exit delayed from previous errors
> Level-0 Backup Verify END.
>
> It is set up to email a report to me, which it does do, showing the
> directories it is going to backup, but it does not show the destination. I
> just get Destination:

Couple things:

1. looks like the tar option '--blocking-factor 126' is causing
   pain.  Just checked, my tar (debian stable) doesn't document
   this option.
2. Your line 'DESTFILE= "root at support.lctn.k12.mn.us:/dev/st0"'
   has an extra space in it.  This is breaking something.  Yes,
   sh syntax is a pain.  :-)

--
trammell at el-swifto.com | 78BA 706C C5F9 9321 E7C4 933B D063 907B A88E 924B