On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 15:03, destr0 wrote:
> Hello all.. the first round of this thread will be a little broad.  I
> just installed RH 7.3 and am experiencing interesting problems with my
> Internet traffic.  Frequently I'll start to download something and it
> works for about 10 - 20 seconds and then the connection speed grinds
> down to a halt.  When that happens, everything that would connect to the
> Internet becomes stalled...  I'll have to close all browsers and
> programs with downloads in progress.  Wait a few moments and resume
> everything and it will work again, for a bit, but then do the same
> thing.  I know it has something to do with the Linux install because
> every other computer on my LAN is fine, and when I boot the same box up
> with Redmond, it works fine.  When it starts to happen I get the line:
>
> eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!
>
> logged to /var/log/messages repeatedly.. for instance in a 2 second
> period it logged that message 45 times.
>
> I'm just hoping someone has some suggestions as to a fix, (hopefully
> something other than re-install the drivers.)

I have had problems with the eepro100 drivers and RedHat, both 7.2 and
7.3 on my workstation at work. In my case, the network connection would
croak under load (anything over 2 MB).  I search around on Google and it
seems I was not the only one. I bagged the eepro100 driver and went with
the e100 and everything is fine now.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect