On 26 May 2002 21:19:53 -0700
Matt Waters <m68kprogrammer at icqmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone here ever had any experience setting up a DSL modem and
> accompanying NIC with slack? If so, could you please tell me what to
> expect?
>
> BTW, I would also like to thank everyone on the list for putting up
> with, and helping out a bumbling newbie, such as myself.

Depends upon what modem you're talking about.  If it's a Cisco 678, then
it's no problem.  If it's a USB, you'll need to ensure the drivers are
there.  I have no experience with a USB device and Slackware.  Though, I
don't think it'd be too hard from what I've been able to determine from
what others have said.

Take a look at www.linuxdocs.org for dsl how-to's.  might be something
there, as well as a possible USB how-to.

Shawn