Scot,

Let me show you a practical example.

For one, when you replied to my post you left all my original message in
there unmodified. This would leave you "owing" one tip.

Another point, searching the archives is great. However, there is lots
of repetition. If I was to search for "tips, Samir, Nassar, tclug" I'd
get not only my original post, but yours as well, and probably Bobs.

With the tip harvester, you search for tips specifically. Say 'Gentoo,
Scot, Mozilla'

And you get tips authored by Scot or on the topics of Mozilla or Gentoo.

It is more than a FAQ.

I don't know what faq-o-matic is.

Samir M. Nassar
--
RedConcepts.NET              --  Open Solutions Design Syndicate
Open Source, Public Service  --  the Art and Craft of Webdesign