On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:45:10PM -0500, Samir M. Nassar wrote:
><troll food>
>I know, everything that can be done with GUI's can be done 4 times
>faster and 15 times better in CLI.
></troll food>

Not necessarilly.  Well designed GUI should really be faster and easier to
use than a command line util. Note the "should". A good example is document
formatting. Write 20 page docuement a format it nicely. Nice fonts,
bullets, paragraphs, headers all the other stuff people expect to see. Use
your favorite unix text editor and markup the doc with LaTex then compile
it. Or boot up vmware and use word.... Which is easier.

>I got the chance to see OSX in action a couple of weeks ago. And it is
>really beautiful. At the time I was still using KDE 2 and had extreme
>GUI envy. I was thinking of buying a laptop, and I thought, iBook.
>
>Now with KDE 3 (RH 7.3) the story is different. On my 550 MHz machine it
>works wonderfully. So instead of having to buy a recent laptop, I can
>now look for a lappy in the 600 MHz range that will do just fine.
>
>Why spend 2000 USD if I can spend 500 and get everything that OSX has to
>offer.

Because you spent 10 minutes looking at it does not mean you know all that
OSX has to offer.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
Droids now do ya?"