Well, the chancy thing to do is to force the installation, say, with
the --nodeps flag.  Given that the system isn't yet usable, that doesn't
sound like too much of a risk.

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org]On
Behalf Of David Cross
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 7:44 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Dell Inspiron

I've tried installing Mandrake 8.2, Redhat 7.2 and Redhat 7.3 on my Dell
Inspiron, but I none of them detect the video correctly. I can get to the
system through command line, but I can't run X.

I've downloaded a nice little rpm package from Dell for running Linux on the
this laptop, but each time I try to install it I get the following message:

file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 from install of Xconfig-atimp3-1600-7-0 conflicts
with file from package XFree86-4.1.0-3

Does anyone have a quick solution other than removing XFree86 and
re-installing it after installing this rpm? Will that even work?

Thanks in advance,

David