On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 12:55:25PM -0500, Sreekumar Kodakara wrote:
> I am working on a project and I have different processes running and
> they communicate with each other using message queues. I have a bug in
> tmy program because of which the message queues become full and the
> system says that no resource is available. I am debugging the system.
> Is there any command to remove the message queues? I am restarting the
> system everytime I encounter this problem and I think there should be
> a decent solution than restarting the system.

Sounds like you need to reenigeer your message queues. ;-)  Not even
sure how you've implemented them, so I couldn't really tell you how to
remove them.  Are they files?  Memory blocks?  Etc.  If it's all memory,
I would imagine that killing the offending application would kill the
messages received.

You may want to consider using mmap() to a file for your
incoming/outgoing message queues, and put a size check when you plan to
add a new message.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie