> When I try to connect to my public address (or ip) it stalls.  I ran ssh -v
> -v -v and it gets just as far if I try to connect to a box that doesn't
> exist.  So I've narrowed it down to the modem (I think).  Are there any
> tricks to get the 678 to correctly forward those requests?  How can I
> troubleshoot this or test it?

Where are you trying to test it from? If you are tying to test it from your
inside network, that is your problem.  Routing gets messy when doing that,
and its generally considered not a Good Idea(tm).  Try from a connection
outside the network for testing.  If you dont have a box you can do that
with, Im sure there are many people who can help on the list or on the IRC
channel.

Jay