On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 03:34:18PM -0500, Nate Carlson (natecars at real-time.com) wrote:
> On Tue, 21 May 2002, Amy Tanner wrote:
> > Yes, I realize I can do this.  I'm trying to use apt for everything,
> > though.  And this package will be installed as part of my custom
> > kickstart.  Using apt for kickstarts rocks.
>
> Just curious, how do you use apt for kickstarts?
>
> Or just do a base install, and then apt-get install virtual-package?

I mostly use it for installing all the updates, and some non-redhat packages.
I don't have any virtual packages.  Instead, to standardize the configuration
files, I use cfengine and run a script upon reboot after the kickstart.
Then cfengine can be used for future changes to configuration files too.
It's pretty slick. http://www.iu.hio.no/cfengine/

--
Amy Tanner
amy at real-time.com