On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 08:49:56AM -0700, jasonandmissy at cableone.net wrote:
> I am writing a perl script that ftp's the contents of a directory a
> couple of times a day.  I loaded net::ftp and I can ftp by the exact
> file name.  How would I ftp the whole directory or is mput supported
> with any perl module?

There's a C-based tool that already does this job called rsync.  The
only requirements you have is that rsync must be installed on both
machines and rsh or ssh must also be installed.  rsync over ssh is
infinitely more useful than a perlified ftp client.

Check it out.  As far as perl API goes, just check out the man
pages/help docs.  The perl documentation is QUITE extensive.  You should
be able to find it.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie