I guess I haven't submitted any geek trivia lately so I thought I'd
write a little verse.

I call it - SOMEDAY I'M GOING TO TRY LINUX

Computers are great and I love mine to death
So my reset button has great size and breath,
That spell checker thing is ever so beat.
Too bad it don't know that I really meant neat.
I edit my photos until they look just right.
But somehow I think they looked better last night.
I gotta show someone this cool stuff , "I think"
So I print everything and I use lots of ink.
I spend hundreds of hours just surfing the net
All that trivial knowledge will help me I bet.
I get tons of email from everywhere I subscribe.
It's great to have cyber space friends by your side.
And I forward it all ... to all of my friends
Who I'm certain are not up on all the cool trends.
I've got so many apps that my hard disk is full
So I'm constantly plagued by errors you know.
But I feel so much power using ctrl alt delete
And killing some task without missing a beat.
When I need more space I move stuff to the trash
So most of my apps don't work or just crash.
I'm not concerned by that blue screen of death
I've got that button with great size and great breath.
Still sitting here thinking about my computer again.
I see how little I get out for how much I put in.
Sure that search tool could find anything that I've stored
If I'd stop using dumb names because I'm so bored.
I don' use security and passwords or I'd never get in
But I still don't see how I got this virus again
It seems so unfair and it's truly a bummer
That the hackers come in and take every number
While I search my file cabinets hoping to find
A duplicate record of the hard copy kind.
But I'm not giving up cause I know that's not wise
Where else could I learn how I should organize?
My friend tells me Linux is great and its free
I wonder if Linux would be able to help me?

--
Paul Overby
xpoverby at attbi.com
phone: 651-681-8084