> There is an alternative I've heard of that is done by the
> author of Qmail. Cant think of the name right now, but since
> I know qmail and this ver of bind are 2 of Scot Jenkins'
> favorites, maybe he knows and will post. <duck>

I would stay far away from this unless you are simply using it as a caching
nameserver.  It's kind of a pain to configure to be authoritative, and it
has only *one* config file for all of your zones.  And that config file has
a very convoluted format.  It's much faster than Bind, so it's great for
high volume mailservers (or log analyzers) to point at, but that's all I
would ever use it for.  Bind 9.2.1 can serve 2400 queries per second on a
PIII 550.  And, Bind 9 is very easy to chroot.

There's Howto's here:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Chroot-BIND-HOWTO.html
http://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/bind9-chroot.html

If you ever are seriously considering using djbdns, make sure you set it up
on a test machine first.  My experiences with DJB software is that it
generally requires more administration, and administration of it is more of
a pain in the ass (especially with qmail).  I'm sure some of you might
disagree, but trust me, when you have 10 qmail servers and a bunch of djbdns
boxes, it becomes an administration nightmare.  I still use djbdns for my
mailservers to point at, but I'm looking at moving to Bind 9.2.1 if I can
get the same performance out of it.

Jay