On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 10:47:51PM -0500, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> Well, I've tried using my Linux machine to bounce mail to this mailing
> list off of (since you have banned Yahoo accounts), but about half of my
> mail still gets rejected.
>
> I've set up my home copy of Netscape Messenger and my work copy of
> Outlook to pop to my linux machine, but since they keep seperate
> folders, address lists, etc.  It's a real pain.
>
> Do any of you know of a web server (Apache) based UA that has
> capabilities similar to (or better than) Yahoo Mail?

I know nothing about the capabilities of Yahoo Mail, but I set up
Neomail (http://neomail.sourceforge.net/) for my wife & daughters to
use to read mail - they're addicted to webmail interfaces, they found
the jump from the Juno webmail client to Neomail trivial.

It requires Apache & Perl, with some specific perl modules of at least
revision X - see the docs for the exact requirements.

It's not exactly abandoned - on indefinite hold might be a better
description - and the author is trying to track projects that are
forking off of Neomail.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org