On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 06:51:31AM -0500, Carlos Eberhardt wrote:
>I've been running it since around November. It's the first 'distro'
>that's kept me out of Windows almost completely. Not sure why that is,
>but... (maybe it's all that time i spend compiling/updating ;P)

I had a brief stint with gentoo, even maintained some packages (about 30
or 40 of them) and there are still some in the tree that have my name in
them.... odd

Anyway, my point is that the reason you stated above for staying with it,
is the very reason I left it. I don't want to have to tinker constantly. I
do enough of that at work to keep me satiated. When I need to use a
computer, I just want it to work so I can do other things.

The other reason I abanandoned it was because I will never install it on a
production box. It's not trustworty enough for my tastes.

All in all it's a fantastic project and I hope it continues. It's quite fun
to mess around with and thier package management system is really cool! I
also kinda like the direction Daniel was going with the INIT procedure when
I decided to focus my energies elsewhere.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back to you
hunt it down and set it on fire" -- George Carlin