if you're looking for RAID performance tuning you might want to post a
little more information than your buffer tuning commands.  details like
the RAID level you're running in and what the stripes look like and the
drive layout would go a long ways toward letting folks provide some
feedback to you.

i've used the (A|D)1k's a few times and i've been quite impressed with
their throughput.  upwards of 40MB/s throughput, iirc.  i think you've got
something horribly misconfigured there.

when last we saw our hero (Wednesday, May 08, 2002),
 Mike Hicks was madly tapping out:

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC